Jackie Brown - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Jackie Brown or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Jackie Brown

• Jackie Brown - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• This marks the first time that Quentin Tarantino hasn't had a cameo, if you don't count his answering machine greeting on Jackie Brown's (Pam Grier's) telephone, in one of the films he's written and directed. Tarantino had roles in Reservoir Dogs (1992) and Pulp Fiction (1994). Additionally, unlike the aforementioned films, this film has no prologue before the opening credits.

• DIRECTOR TRADEMARK (Quentin Tarantino😞 (corpse view): After the last villain is shot and killed, the camera points up from his "head" and we see the heroes looking down at his body.

• After completing Pulp Fiction (1994), Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary acquired the film rights to Elmore Leonard's novels Rum Punch, Freaky Deaky, and Killshot. Tarantino initially planned to film either Freaky Deaky or Killshot, and have another director make Rum Punch, but changed his mind after re-reading Rum Punch, stating that he "fell in love" with the novel all over again.

• When Pam Grier walked in to audition for Quentin Tarantino, "there were all my posters from twenty years ago, when I was just a piss and vinegar kid", she recalled. "And I said, 'Did you put these up because I was coming over?' And he said, 'No. I was gonna take them down because you were coming over!'"

• Samuel L. Jackson and Robert De Niro have co-starred with Gwyneth Paltrow. Jackson in Hard Eight (1996) and De Niro in Great Expectations (1998).

• The movie that Melanie (Bridget Fonda) is watching while sitting there on the couch is Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974), which starred Bridget's father Peter.

• In an early scene, Ordell (Samuel L. Jackson) and Louis (Robert De Niro) go to visit a bail bondsman. Coincidentally, De Niro played a bounty hunter who worked for a bail bondsman in Midnight Run (1988).

• Quentin Tarantino was afraid that Elmore Leonard would hate the film. He and Roger Avary hesitated to discuss the changes with Leonard, finally speaking with Leonard as the film was about to start shooting. Leonard loved the screenplay, considering it not only the best of the twenty-six screen adaptations of his novels and short stories, but also stating that it was possibly the best screenplay he had ever read.

• When this movie premiered on terrestrial television in 2001, Radio Times' Andrew Collins had it as Film of the Week. Collins wrote in his review: "The truth is it's his most mature film. It may lack the simplicity of Reservoir Dogs (1992), or the fireworks of Pulp Fiction (1994), but it proves that Tarantino is a director who doesn't need violence to hold our attention." Also, unlike Dogs and Pulp, Jackie is told in chronological order.

• Quentin Tarantino wanted to gauge the audience's reaction to key moments in the film, so he spent the first several weeks following the film's release watching it in theaters. "I saw that movie like thirteen times at the Magic Johnson Theatre", said Tarantino. "The whole first four weeks it was there, I just lived there."

• Robert De Niro and Samuel L. Jackson appeared in Goodfellas (1990).

• Christina Applegate was considered for the role of Melanie Ralston, but she was under contract for Married... with Children (1987).

• The film received a 15 rating from the British Board of Film Classification, the only Tarantino film to do so as of 2020; every other one received an 18 rating.

• There has been a lot of talk if Danny DeVito made an uncredited cameo appearance during the opening title sequence of this movie. Danny DeVito knew Quentin Tarantino well, because he was Executive Producer of Pulp Fiction (1994). Check for yourself if you think the short man in a white shirt with a black cap on his head is Danny DeVito. You can freeze frame his short cameo appearance around one minute and fifty seconds, during the opening title sequence.

• During the interrogation scene where Jackie is taken into custody, Detective Dargas (Michael Bowen) stated that anyone in possession of over ten thousand dollars should declare it to U.S. Customs. This is based on the regulations coded by the Internal Revenue Service under Title 26 (tax code, enacted August 16, 1954, known as the Internal Revenue Code Act later amended in 1986 under the Tax Reform Act) and under Title 31 USC 5311 of the United States Code. It is against I.R.S. regulations for an individual to carry over ten thousand dollars in currency (in this case, a cash transaction) without reporting it to U.S. Customs when entering the United States. This is further codified under Federal Law, under 31 U.S.C. 5316 and Treasury Department regulations (31 CFR Chapter X), individuals who enter the United States with over ten thousand dollars in cash (or other monetary instruments, like stocks or bonds), must file (after April 25,1990) a FinCEN 105 document. FinCEN is the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, which is a division of the Department of the Treasury.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb